If you're someone who’s looking to extend your FSA funds as far as possible, we’d recommend looking at certain FSA eligible sunscreen products. This is because there are some FSA eligible sunscreen products that offer benefits far beyond the realm of UVA and UVB protection- benefits like anti-aging, itch and rash relief, and acne prevention.
FSA eligible sunscreen products that offer multiple benefits - what are they, and what do they provide?
Before we jump into identifying specific products, it's important to understand what makes certain FSA eligible sunscreen products special- the inactive ingredients. Listed under the Zinc Oxide and/or Titanium Oxide (aka active ingredients), you’ll find some products contain buzzworthy inactive ingredients like niacinamide, chamomile extract and organic french plum oil. It’s here where the value starts to add up. To illustrate, let's examine these FSA eligible sunscreen products:
Koa Anti-Pollution SPF45+ - In addition to zinc oxide; which serves as the active ingredient and helps prevent sunburn, this featherweight sunscreen includes niacinamide and chamomile extract which provide these additional benefits:
- Niacinamide is know to help with immunity; it helps build keratin, a type of protein that keeps your skin firm and healthy. It also protects against sun damage, treats hyperpigmentation, minimizes redness and blotchiness as well as treats fine lines and wrinkles.
- Chamomile extract has anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, antibacterial, and antiseptic properties, which can promote healing. Chamomile is also hypoallergenic and filled with antioxidants. These can help reduce acne breakouts and inflammation.
Kari Gran Essential SPF 30 Is packed with a blend of superfood anti aging oils and a mineral based sunscreen. Some of the standout key ingredients include; red raspberry seed oil, French plum seed oil and macadamia nut seed oil.
- Red raspberry seed oil blocks UV rays as a natural sunscreen as well as has a high antioxidant booster for fighting free radicals. It also boosts collagen for firmer skin and helps fight acne, heals eczema and psoriasis.
- French plum seed oil helps hydrate and is anti-inflammatory. It also brightens and plumps the skin and assists with skin turnover, helps in cellular repair, and protects against free radicals.
- Macadamia nut seed oil is a super antioxidant that helps repair scars and stretch marks as well as prevents wrinkles. This super oil also reduces rashes and itchiness and is super moisturizing.
Based on the key ingredients alone this SPF offers not only sun protection but a plethora of positives for healthy skin.
Wildbloom Mineral SPF Lotion. This organic sunscreen protects against the sun and also helps with a healthy complexion and evens out skin tones due to its additional ingredients like artesian spring water, organic extra virgin olive oil and organic jojoba oil.
- Artesian spring water contains key minerals that is know to help with the overall wellbeing of the skin as well as assist with inflammation.
- Organic extra virgin olive oil is recognized as being anti-aging, anti-inflammatory as well as packed with vitamins like A, D, E and K. It also fights eczema and psoriasis.
- Jojoba oil is know to sooth the skin drying conditions and assists with collagen synthesis. It is also anti-inflammatory, anti-aging, and speeds up the healing of wounds.
Wow, talk about multiple benefits!! All of these products are great examples of FSA eligible sunscreens that pack a powerful punch of positive advantages. Here at yayfsa.com, we think the holy grail of eligible products is the one that provides the most secondary benefits, AKA the most bang for your buck. If you ever find yourself looking for that holy grail, we’d suggest you start in the sunscreen aisle.